Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My First Blog Project Selection


As we begin our first blog selections, I have chosen to write my first blog project on Abolition: Turning America’s Conscience against the Sins of Slavery. I have always been an avid follower of Black history in America. It was personally instilled in me at a young age, “Know your history, you cannot go forward if you don’t know where you have been.” Slavery, weather moral or immoral, right or wrong (in my opinion terribly wrong and immoral) was one of the movements that defined this country. I’ve always been very opinionated and vocal when it has anything to do with African Americans and their/our history and with Journalism being my official major, this Chapter from Mightier than the Sword automatically grabbed my eyes. I look forward to writing my summary and views on this chapter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment